RN/ LVN Nursing Instructor
- Job Type: Teaching
- Job Status: Open
- Date Posted: Feb 19, 2014
- Campus: San Mateo
- Start Date: TBD
- Duration: TBD
Gurnick Academy of Medical Arts is a leading Bay Area private healthcare college offering an extensive variety of nursing and allied healthcare programs such as; Vocational Nurse, Diagnostic Medical Sonography (Ultrasound Technology), Radiologic Technology, MRI Technology, Psychiatric Technician, Phlebotomy Technician, Medical Assistant, Physical Therapist Assistant, Medical Assistant and Physical Fitness Training Program.
We are currently looking for a Full-time RN/LVN Clinical and Didactic Nursing Instructors for our Vocational Nurse program in San Mateo, CA campus.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Instruct students and substitute instructors.
- Teach assigned classes and develop coursework needed for teaching.
- Participate in meetings with didactic and clinical faculty members.
- Support the campus administrator and nursing program director in the organization of the programs and implementation of the programs standards.
- Provide guidance to the faculty and staff about the program principles, standards, policies, education and evaluation.
- Participate in developing and updating program's syllabuses, missions, rules, training methods and evaluation materials.
- Perform evaluation of the program and clinical facilities and faculty members.
- Maintain continuous medical education and assure about the facilities continuous medical education requirements.
- Collect and analyze feedback data about the programs form the students, faculty and supporting staff.
- Improve and modify program to maintain successful development, existence and growth of the program.
- Assist the campus administrator and nursing program director in the planning of the academic development and growth.
- Assist the campus administrator and program director in recruiting of the staff and faculty members.
- Licensed LVN / Registered Nurse.
- Hold a baccalaureate/ associate degree from an accredited school.
- Have a minimum of 2 years experience as a registered nurse or LVN with BS/ or 6 years of experience as a registered nurse or licensed LVN with AS.
- Completion of Teaching Credential & Curriculum development courses.
- Medical, Dental, Vision and paid vacation benefits are available to all full time employees.