Financial Aid Advisor
- Job Type: Administrative/FA
- Job Status: Open
- Date Posted: Sep 22, 2017
- Campus: Modesto
- Location: Modesto
- Start Date: Open
- Duration: TBD
Gurnick Academy of Medical Arts is a leading Bay Area private healthcare college offering an extensive variety of nursing and allied healthcare programs such as: Vocational Nurse, Psychiatric Technician and Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN pathway) as well as Nursing Assistant, Medical Assistant, Dental Assistant and Phlebotomy Technician and healthcare programs: Associate of Science in Physical Therapist Assistant, Ultrasound Technology, MRI, Radiologic Technology, and Bachelor of Science in Diagnostic Medical Imaging.
We are currently seeking a Financial Aid Advisor for our Modesto Campus.
The Financial Aid Advisor is responsible for assisting students in their application for Financial Assistance to attend Gurnick. These specific tasks include performing qualifying interviews, assistance in the completion of the FASFA, advising students of the availability of FASFA on the web, entering of the FASFA information into the USDOE system when necessary, and the tracking, receipt and auditing of student ISIRs. The FAA clears any ISIR comment codes, collects verification documentation on selected students and manages the student’s hard copy FA file for completeness and accuracy.
The FAA is responsible for assisting students in applying for any other funding that may be available to them. These would include the CAL Grant programs, program specific assistance (such as nursing or ultrasound, etc.) scholarships and grants, VA, voc rehab and others.
The FAA is responsible for packaging student assistance awards, scheduling the awards correctly in the Gurnick tracking systems, and updating the information during repackaging, crossover award year reapplications and at student exit interviews for withdrawing, LOA or graduating students.
The FAA may be responsible for performing both a Tuition Adjustment Calculation and a Return to Title IV (R2TIV) funds calculation for any students withdrawing or beginning a LOA.
The FAA is responsible for calculating an unfunded balance for students and in the setting up of approved arrangements to handle the unfunded balance.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- To conduct qualifying interviews with students to determine the necessities of the application process.
- To assist students in the timely completion of the FASFA on the Web.
- To enter the FASFA into the EDE system when necessary.
- To utilize the Student Tracking Form to track the application process.
- To assist in applying for additional non Title IV funds.
- Analyze need and prepare award packages, ensure that awards do not exceed calculated need as demonstrated on the Budget/Packaging form.
- To make satisfactory arrangements with students for any calculated unfunded balance.
- To audit ISIRs for correct application information.
- To complete timely verification on selected ISIRs.
- To clear any "C" Comment Codes on all selected ISIRs.
- To ensure the crossover award year packaging is completed.
- Ensure that students awarded Federal Student Loan Funds have Entrance Counseling preformed and documented.
- Enter, edit and update student scheduled aid in Gurnick tracking systems.
- To calculate Return To Title IV for withdrawing and LOA students.
- To calculate Tuition Adjustment calculations for withdrawing and LOA students.
- To conduct exit interviews with all graduating and LOA students, and withdrawing students.
- Maintenance of Student FA Files in both hard copy and electronic formats according to policies.
- Assist in Registrar functions of campuses.
- Assist in the collections of unfunded balance payments.
- Assist in yearly compliance audit and in program reviews.
- Additional duties as required.
- Significant experience in the processing of federal or state student assistance programs.
- Bachelor's degree is desired.