Nursing Instructor-RN-Clinical and Didactic
- Job Type: Teaching
- Job Status: Open
- Date Posted: Sep 22, 2017
- Campus: Fresno
- Location: Fresno
- Start Date: TBD
- Duration: TBD
Gurnick Academy of Medical Arts is a leading Bay Area private healthcare college offering an extensive variety of nursing and allied healthcare programs such as: Vocational Nurse, Psychiatric Technician and Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN pathway) as well as Nursing Assistant, Medical Assistant, Dental Assistant and Phlebotomy Technician and healthcare programs: Associate of Science in Physical Therapist Assistant, Ultrasound Technology, MRI, Radiologic Technology, and Bachelor of Science in Diagnostic Medical Imaging.
We are currently seeking Full-time and Part-time RN Clinical and/or Didactic Nursing Instructors for the Associate Degree RN Program at our Fresno Campus.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Instruct students and substitute instructors.
- Teach assigned classes and develop coursework needed for teaching.
- Participate in meetings with didactic and clinical faculty members.
- Support the campus administrator and nursing program director in the organization of the programs and implementation of the programs standards.
- Provide guidance to the faculty and staff about the program principles, standards, policies, education and evaluation.
- Participate in developing and updating program's syllabuses, mission, rules, instructional methods and evaluation materials.
- Perform evaluation of the program and clinical facilities.
- Collect and analyze feedback data about the programs from the students.
- Assist the campus administrator and nursing program director in the planning of academic development and growth.
- Assist the campus administrator and program director in recruiting of faculty members.
- A Master’s or higher degree from an accredited college or university
- Current licensure as an RN in California
- Direct patient care experience within the previous five (5) years in the nursing area to which he or she is assigned, which can be met by:
- One (1) years continuous, full-time or its equivalent experience providing direct patient care as a Registered Nurse in the designated nursing area; or
- One (1) academic year or of Registered Nurse level clinical teaching experience in the designated nursing area or its equivalent that demonstrates clinical competency; and
4. Completion of at least one (1) year’s experience teaching courses related to Registered Nursing or completion of a post-baccalaureate course which includes practices in teaching Registered Nursing (‘clinical competence’ means that the faculty member possesses and exercises the degree of learning, skill, care and experience ordinarily possessed and exercised by staff level RNs of the nursing area to which the faculty members is assigned)