AS in Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) Program
Available in the Following Campuses
Start Date: July 3, 2017
The Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) Technologist is a medical professional that uses specialized MRI equipment to create images of structures inside the human body. MRI Technologists must be able to interact compassionately and effectively with people who range from healthy to critically ill. The MRI Technologist will be supervised by board certified radiologists, but will be provided responsibility and independence in the performance of their duties.
This program is designed to prepare the student to perform clinical MRI examinations of the human body with special consideration to image production, quality control, signal to noise ratio, and basic pulse sequences.
We, at Gurnick Academy of Medical Arts, consider clinical experience one of the most important parts of the medical education. Students are required to be rotated throughout our affiliated medical facilities, while attending our MRI technician school.
AS MRI Program Length and Schedule
72 weeks/1896 clock hours
5 days varying Monday through Saturday for 8 hours
|Registration Fee (non-refundable)||$75.00|
|Books & Materials||$1,789.00|
|Uniform Fee (2 sets)||$60.00|
|Library Fee* (non-refundable)||$44.00|
|Software/Hardware Fee (Optional; Non-Refundable; Ex: Laptop Fee, if applicable): $750.00|
|* Library Fee Cost is calculated by the calendar year and is dependent on the start date and duration of the program.|
Financial aid is available for those who qualify. Click here for more information about Financial Assistance.
For details please call:
Certification for MRI Technologists in California
Download Catalog with Addendum to find more information about Licensure, Certification and Registry Disclaimer.
Job Outlook and Salary for MRI Technologists in California
- Occupation Profile for MRI Technologists in California.
- Occupation Profile for MRI Technologists in Stanislaus County.
- Occupation Profile for MRI Technologists in the San Francisco Bay Area.
Frequently Asked Questions
Facts and Fun Statistics
This is a new section for many of you who expressed interest in such facts as the ones below about our Academy and our Programs. AS MRI Program is offered at San Mateo Campus and Modesto Campus in California. Let us share with you some facts:
- Most of MRI program students are from Burlingame, Fremont, San Jose, San Francisco, San Mateo and Hayward as well as nearby smaller/larger Bay Area cities. For Modesto Campus students might come from all Centrall Valley: Merced, Madera, Fresno, Stockton, Turlock, Livermore, Antioch, Tracy.
- According to our statistical data more than 27% MRI program students are from: Belmont, Daly City, Palo Alto, Redwood City, San Leandro and Sunnyvale.
- Students from Foster City, Livermore, Menlo Park, Newark, Milpitas, Oakley, Pacifica, Pleasanton, San Bruno, San Carlos, Santa Clara, San Lorenzo, Union City and other nearby locations combine 41% of our student population.
Gainful Employment Disclosure Information
Gurnick Academy is committed to providing thorough and timely vocational medical training to our students so they may obtain gainful employment.
Our institution has provided program specific information regarding gainful employment in compliance with the new Gainful Employment regulations for Title IV eligible institutions, put forward by the U.S. Department of Education, in July 2011.
All required information can be found throughout this page.