Job Type: Teaching
Date Posted: Nov 25, 2019
Start Date: Jan 13, 2020
Gurnick Academy of Medical Arts is a leading Bay Area private healthcare college offering an extensive variety of nursing and allied healthcare programs such as: Vocational Nurse, Psychiatric Technician and Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN pathway) as well as Nursing Assistant, Medical Assistant, Dental Assistant and Phlebotomy Technician and healthcare programs: Associate of Science in Physical Therapist Assistant, Ultrasound Technology, MRI, Radiologic Technology, and Bachelor of Science in Diagnostic Medical Imaging.
We are currently seeking an part-time evening Medical Assistant Program Instructor for our Medical Assistant Program at the Sacramento, CA campus.
The primary function of the Medical Assistant Program Instructor is to support the day-to- day delivery of the program at Sacramento campus, meeting all school policy guidelines and procedures. This includes supporting student academic management to ensure acceptable pass rates and licensure exam outcomes meet school policy standards. Student management also includes involvement to ensure satisfactory academic progress is being maintained (as well as the assignment of appropriate tutoring support) and that student marks, attendance, remediation documentation, and other reprimands are all kept up to date.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- To teach assigned classes and develop coursework needed for teaching; teaching scheduled classes will be a minimum of 50% of job duties (when externship is in force)
- To participate in developing and updating program’s syllabuses, missions, rules, training methods and evaluation materials.
- Support the development and management of the annual Program Effectiveness Plan [PEP] (ABHES requirement)
- Address student academic concerns and questions
- Address student overall program concerns, issues, questions
- Participate and lead monthly faculty meetings (at a minimum) discussing program issues while ensuring high faculty attendance/participation – these meetings may be medical assisting specific or education specific or a combination of both
- Schedule and arrange tutoring sessions reflected on Tutoring Schedule Calendar
- Monitor and update faculty file folders as necessary (student feedback, evaluations, goal setting, reprimands, improvement plans, continuing education plans, in-service training, etc.)
- Create Remedial plans, sign off on student remediation success and update the final course grade sections of ‘intranet’ as required
- Coordinate with Campus Director, Registrar and/or Student Services Coordinator for monitoring of attendance issues and discrepancies (for financial aid reporting purposes)
- Weekly monitoring of grades and attendance (verifying instructor activities and student trends)
- Support the coordination and participate in obtaining advisory board members, holding program advisory board meeting, and participating on improvement committees, and in meetings as requested to give feedback and provide recommendations to the Program Director.
- Actively enforce Classroom/Campus policies as they relate to items such as dress code, use of common areas, cell phones, etc. as well as disciplinary action if warranted.
- Minimum of a Bachelors Degree
- Has a minimum of 3 to 5 years work experience as a Medical Assistant in a healthcare facility.
- National Certification required: CMA (AAMA) or RMA (AMT) or CCMA (NHA)
- Classroom teaching experience preferable
- Completion of Teaching Credential & Curriculum development course prior to employment (provided by Gurnick Academy).
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs.
- Passion for impacting lives and a great work ethic.