- Job Type: Teaching
- Job Status: Active
- Date Posted: Nov 17, 2017
- Campus: Fresno
- Location: Fresno
- Start Date: TBD
- Duration: TBD
Gurnick Academy of Medical Arts is a leading Bay Area private healthcare college offering an extensive variety of nursing and allied healthcare programs such as: Vocational Nurse, Psychiatric Technician and Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN pathway) as well as Nursing Assistant, Medical Assistant, Dental Assistant and Phlebotomy Technician and healthcare programs: Associate of Science in Physical Therapist Assistant, Ultrasound Technology, MRI, Radiologic Technology, and Bachelor of Science in Diagnostic Medical Imaging.
We are currently seeking RN/ LVN Clinical Nursing Instructors for our Licensed Vocational Nursing program on the Fresno Campus. Part-time, Full-time, AM and PM positions available.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- To teach assigned classes and develop coursework needed for teaching.
- To participate in faculty meetings, both formally and informally with didactic and clinical faculty members.
- To support the campus director and nursing program director in the organization of the programs and implementation of the programs standards.
- To provide guidance to the faculty and staff about the program principles, standards, policies, education and evaluation.
- To participate in developing and updating program's syllabi, missions, rules, training methods and evaluation materials.
- To perform evaluation of the program and clinical facilities and faculty members.
- To maintain continuous medical education and assure various facilities' continuous medical education requirements.
- To collect and analyze feedback data about the programs form the students, faculty and supporting staff.
- To improve and modify program to maintain successful development, existence and growth of the program.
- To assist the campus director and nursing program director in the planning of the academic development and growth.
- To assist the campus director and program director in orientation of new staff and faculty members.
- To instruct students and substitute instructors as needed.
- Licensed LVN / Registered Nurse
- Hold a baccalaureate or associate degree from an accredited school; and
- Have a minimum of 2 years experience as a registered nurse or LVN with BS/ or 6 years of experience as a registered nurse or licensed LVN with AS.
- Completion of Teaching Credential & Curriculum development courses