Phlebotomy Instructor, Per Diem
- Job Type: Teaching
- Job Status: Open
- Date Posted: Jul 16, 2018
- Campus: Concord
- Location: Concord
- Start Date: TBD
- Duration: TBD
Gurnick Academy of Medical Arts is a leading Bay Area private healthcare college offering an extensive variety of nursing and allied healthcare programs such as: Vocational Nurse, Psychiatric Technician and Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN pathway) as well as Nursing Assistant, Medical Assistant, Dental Assistant and Phlebotomy Technician and healthcare programs: Associate of Science in Physical Therapist Assistant, Ultrasound Technology, MRI, Radiologic Technology, and Bachelor of Science in Diagnostic Medical Imaging.
We are currently seeking a Per Diem Phlebotomy Instructor for our Concord, CA Campus.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Instruct and teach students (40 hours of didactic per group) according with the provided schedule and requirements.
- Teach 20 hours of clinical skills lab according to the provided schedule and requirements.
- Obtain assistance from the Campus Administrator and Phlebotomy Program Director for the organization and development of the program.
- Support and assist the Phlebotomy Program Director and Campus Administrator with maintaining the organization and activities of the program.
- Provide guidance to the faculty and staff about the program principles, standards, policies, education and evaluation.
- Participate in developing and updating the program's syllabuses, missions, rules, training methods and evaluation materials.
- Coordinate the rotation of the students in the affiliated clinical facilities.
- Perform evaluations of the program and clinical affiliated facilities.
- Establish new relationships with potential clinical affiliated facilities.
- Maintain continuous medical education and assure about the facilities continuous medical education requirements.
- Collect and analyze program data from the students, faculty and supporting staff.
- Improve and modify program curriculum to ensure the successful development and growth of the program.
- Assist the Campus Administrator and Nursing Program Director in the planning and development of the academic program and in the recruiting of the program staff and faculty.
- Phlebotomy license CPT1 or CPT2.
- At least 3 years working experience in the previous 5 years.
- Teaching experience is preferred.