Assistant Program Coordinator-Vocational Nursing
- Job Type: Management
- Job Status: Open
- Date Posted: Sep 21, 2018
- Campus: Fresno
- Location: Fresno
- Start Date: TBD
- Duration: TBD
Gurnick Academy of Medical Arts is a leading Bay Area private healthcare college offering an extensive variety of nursing and allied healthcare programs such as; Vocational Nurse, Diagnostic Medical Sonography (Ultrasound Technology), Radiologic Technology, MRI Technology, Medical Imaging, RN Nursing Program (RN to BSN Pathway) Psychiatric Technician, Phlebotomy Technician, Medical Assistant, Physical Therapist Assistant, Nurse Assistant and Dental Assistant.
We are currently seeking an Assistant VN Program Coordinator for our Fresno Campus.
The primary function of the Assistant Program Coordinator is to assist the VN Program Coordinator to ensure the day-to-day delivery of their program at their respective campus meets all school policy guidelines and procedures. This is not limited to but includes the management and oversight of all instructors in their didactic and clinical roles. This also includes student academic management to ensure acceptable pass rates and licensure exam out comes meet school policy standards. Clinical site acquisition assistance/participation and maintenance is also a key responsibility forth is role. Student management also includes involvement to ensure satisfactory academic progress is being maintained (as well as the assignment of appropriate tutoring support) and that student marks, attendance, remediation documentation, and other reprimands areall kept up to date. Instructor evaluation, educational in-service plans, evaluations (student and managerial), goal setting, and reprimands are also kept up to date.
In addition, the Assistant VN Program Coordinator will also function as a didactic instructor as needed with the following three primary functions Preparation for class, classroom management, and educational administrative tasks. Within these categories it needs to be highlighted that the instructor’s job is to ensure students are properly prepared to take each test or examination, prepare in advance, each day’s instructional plan and any necessary supporting classroom materials.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and manage the annual Program Effectiveness Plan [PEP] (ABHES requirement)
- Address student academic concerns and questions
- Address student overall program concerns, issues, questions
- Coordinate/Monitor didactic and clinical instructors and classes
- Issue all Clinical and Didactic Teaching Assignments to Faculty members
- Coordinate and schedule clinical rotations (and field trips) as they pertain to the Clinical Objectives of each module
- Create, schedule and monitor clinical groups including clinical site visitations
- Develop, distribute and maintain Campus Operations Plan as guided by the “Academic Plan” for the year
- Conduct and lead monthly faculty meetings (at a minimum) discussing program issues while ensuring high faculty attendance/participation - these meetings may be nursing specific or education specific or a combination of both
- Arrange and provide in-service education for all direct reports for nursing education and instructional education
- Participate in the acquisition, maintenance, and high level management of clinical sites ensuring adequate clinical placement for all students
- Schedule of clinical make up hours reflected on Clinical Makeup Calendar
- Schedule and arrange tutoring sessions reflected on Tutoring Schedule Calendar
- Make recommendation to hiring committee to hire / discharge instructors at their campus using classroom observation, clinical observation, and performance evaluation forms
- Passively, formally observe each instructor in the didactic or clinical setting at least once per module
- Monitor and update faculty file folders as necessary (student feedback, evaluations, goal setting, reprimands, improvement plans, continuing education plans, in-service training, etc.)
- Distribute and discuss student survey feedback with the appropriate instructor as needed
- Create Remedial plans, sign off on student remediation success and update the final course grade sections of ‘intranet’ as required
- Maintenance of student progress including course initiation, six week progress, remediation, HESI and NCLEX
- Schedule, coordination, monitoring of Exit Exam review course
- Prepare ‘exit interview’ paperwork (including livescan arrangements, etc.) and conduct exit interviews
- Ensure the collection of internship requirements for clinical sites
- Organize any required CPR classes for campus as needed
- Coordinate with Campus Director, Registrar and/or Student Services Coordinator for monitoring of attendance issues and discrepancies (for financial aid reporting purposes)
- Represent Gurnick at community at high school career fairs, meetings, etc. or as requested by the Outreach department
- Review of Instructor time sheets before submission to Campus Director and/or accounting
- Weekly monitoring of grades and attendance (verifying instructor activities and student trends)
- Execute curriculum and instructional changes as outlined by school policy and procedures.
- Participate in program advisory board meeting, improvement committees, and meetings as requested to give feedback and provide recommendations to the Program Director.
- Conduct annual evaluation and goal setting processes for the instructors and other direct reports
- Approve/Deny student LOA requests
- Actively enforce Classroom/Campus policies as they relate to items such as dress code, use of common areas, cell phones, etc. as well as disciplinary action if warranted.
- Provide regular updates to the Campus Director as to the progress of ongoing issues and student/faculty concerns.
- Teach assigned classes and develop coursework needed for teaching.
- Registered Nurse - California RN
- Hold a Baccalaureate degree from an accredited school; and
- A minimum of 3 years experience as an RN
- Preferred: Have a minimum of 3 years experience in nursing administration/management or nursing education within the last 5 years; a minimum of 3 years experience as an RN