- Job Type: Teaching
- Job Status: Open
- Date Posted: Nov 17, 2017
- Campus: Fresno
- Location: Fresno
- Start Date: TBD
- Duration: TBD
Gurnick Academy of Medical Arts is a leading Bay Area private healthcare college offering an extensive variety of nursing and allied healthcare programs such as: Vocational Nurse, Psychiatric Technician and Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN pathway) as well as Nursing Assistant, Medical Assistant, Dental Assistant and Phlebotomy Technician and healthcare programs: Associate of Science in Physical Therapist Assistant, Ultrasound Technology, MRI, Radiologic Technology, and Bachelor of Science in Diagnostic Medical Imaging.
We are currently seeking Part-time Didactic Instructors for our Vocational Nurse (VN) program in Fresno Campus.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Teach assigned classes and develop coursework needed for teaching.
- Establish and maintain relationships with new and existing clinical sites.
- Meet with didactic and clinical faculty members to discuss program development.
- To participate in faculty meetings, both formally and informally with didactic and clinical faculty members.
- Support the Campus Director and Nursing Program Director in the organization of the programs and implementation of the programs standards.
- Provide guidance to the faculty and staff about the program principles, standards, policies, education and evaluation.
- Participate in developing and updating program's syllabi, missions, rules, training methods and evaluation materials.
- To perform evaluation of the program and clinical facilities and faculty members.
- Maintain continuous and current knowledge of medical education requirements and information and ensure the same for our clinical facilities'.
- Collect and analyze program data and feedback from the students, faculty and supporting staff.
- Review and revise program criteria to ensure successful growth and development of the program.
- Assist the Campus Director and Nursing Program Director in planning the development of the future academic growth of the campus.
- Support the Campus Director and Program Director in the recruiting and orientation of new staff and faculty members.
- Registered Nurse or Licensed Vocational Nurse
- Specialization in OB Nursing
- Baccalaureate or associate degree from an accredited school.
- Have a minimum of 3 years experience as a Registered Nurse or LVN with BSN preferred or 6 years of experience as a Registered Nurse or LVN with ASN
- Teaching Credential & Curriculum development courses preferred