Instructional Aide, Part-time
- Job Type: Teaching
- Job Status: Open
- Date Posted: Oct 18, 2018
- Campus: Fresno
- Location: Fresno
- Start Date: TBD
- Duration: TBD
Gurnick Academy of Medical Arts is a leading Bay Area private healthcare college offering an extensive variety of nursing and allied healthcare programs such as: Vocational Nurse, Psychiatric Technician and Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN pathway) as well as Nursing Assistant, Medical Assistant and Phlebotomy Technician and healthcare programs: Associate of Science in Physical Therapist Assistant, Ultrasound Technology, MRI, Radiologic Technology, and Bachelor of Science in Diagnostic Medical Imaging.
We are currently seeking a Part-time, Evening Instructional Aide for our Fresno Campus.
The Instructional Aide position works with the VN Program Coordinator and Faculty in providing administrative support in the classroom setting. This role will interact directly with Students based on the needs of the Program Coordinator. The Instructional Aide role will ultimately require knowledge of the VN Program at their campus to best support the needs of the Faculty and Students.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
The job duties consist of the following and are not limited to:
- Organizing, coordinating, and maintaining classroom operations and procedures in order to ensure program effectiveness and efficiency by including but not limited to monitoring of students during lecture.
- Maintaining records of student attendance and grading
- Setting up of classroom including ensuring projector is on and working, adjustment of tables and chairs as needed
- Monitoring of food and drinks according to campus policy
- Placing daily class schedule on the whiteboard
- Collecting homework and returning homework after it has been graded
- Monitoring of cell phone use and issuing verbal, written warnings as needed
- Monitoring of student conversations during lecture and issuing verbal, written warnings as needed
- Monitoring attendance as well as students arriving late to class
- Assisting the instructor in distributing exams
- Assist with monitoring of the classroom during an exam
- Providing technical assistance for group projects
- Tracking, filing, and follow up of all student work as needed
- Emailing and tracking outstanding student work for all courses
- Proctoring make up exams, remedial work, HESI exams
- Ensure that Student records/ files comply with accreditation and governmental agencies rules and policies including, but not limited to – ABHES, BVNPT, JRCERT, DOE, etc.
- Verbally communicate in person, via telephone, and through other media in a courteous, professional manner.
- Communicate effectively in writing in a courteous and professional manner
- Read and comprehend reports, memos, manuals, and other job related materials to complete assigned tasks in a timely manner
- Organize, sort and arrange classroom materials
- Manage time in order to effectively complete assignments
- Exercise creativity in addressing classroom management issues
- Exercise tact, resourcefulness, and judgment with all student groups
- Establish and maintain cooperative relationships with faculty and administrative staff
- Work independently and under minimal supervision to effectively complete work tasks
- Follow directions given by faculty to ensure work is completed per their instructions
- Be flexible with time and assignments to accommodate different student learning styles
- Minimum of High School Diploma/AS or AA degree preferred
- Organizational knowledge of educational institutions
- One-year experience in similar position is preferable