IT Systems Administrator in Post-Secondary Education
- Job Type: IT
- Job Status: Open
- Date Posted: Nov 2, 2018
- Campus: Fresno
- Location: Fresno
- Start Date: TBD
- Duration: TBD
Gurnick Academy of Medical Arts is a leading Bay Area private healthcare college offering an extensive variety of nursing and allied healthcare programs such as: Vocational Nurse, Psychiatric Technician and Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN pathway) as well as Nursing Assistant, Medical Assistant, Dental Assistant and Phlebotomy Technician and healthcare programs: Associate of Science in Physical Therapist Assistant, Ultrasound Technology, MRI, Radiologic Technology, and Bachelor of Science in Diagnostic Medical Imaging.
We are currently seeking an It Systems Administrator for our Fresno, CA Campus.
The individual should be certified in MCSE and/or Cisco. This position supports the infrastructure as well as faculty and staff support. The Systems Administrator will support their local campus as well as remote campuses via phone and remote access software. We are looking for an individual that is helpful, motivated, and shares our core principle of Professionals supporting Professionals.
- Works well independently and within a team to problem solve while consistently following established process.
- Logically moves to the next issue without much direction.
- Ability to communicate with non-technical users of all business levels and skill sets.
- Listen to client needs and take steps to logically solve while minimizing the impact on end users.
- Experience with a ticketing system (PSA a plus).
- Ability to travel to outside of the Sacramento area when needed.
- Strong logical problem solving skills.
- Basic networking knowledge – firewall, TCP/IP concepts (Subnetting and Gateway), DNS, and DHCP.
- Windows desktop support.
- Mobile device (Android and iOS) support.
- Understanding of computer hardware, such as memory, hard drive, and video output types.
- Experience using internal Knowledge Base.
- Follow established ticketing and escalation procedures.
- Project management experience.
- Must have a current California Driver’s License, clean DMV record, and current auto insurance.
- MCSE (server) and/or Cisco certification
Essential Physical Functions
- Ability to sit, see, hear, and speak for extended periods of time.
- Ability to stand, squat, crouch and lift arms above head for filing purposes.
- Ability to sit, stand, or walk for 6 to 8 hours per day.
- Ability to type and operate a computer constantly throughout a workday.
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 40 pounds.
- Employee may be occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions.
- Must be able to speak, write, and understand English fluently.
- 1-2 years experience in an IT support and systems administrator role.
- Academic experience a plus
- Microsoft Certification and/or other certifications required.