Nursing Instructor-Clinical and Didactic
- Job Type: Teaching
- Job Status: Open
- Date Posted: Jan 28, 2019
- Campus: Fresno
- Location: Fresno
- Start Date: TBD
- Duration: TBD
Gurnick Academy of Medical Arts is a leading Bay Area private healthcare college offering an extensive variety of nursing and allied healthcare programs such as: Vocational Nurse, Psychiatric Technician and Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN pathway) as well as Nursing Assistant, Medical Assistant, Dental Assistant and Phlebotomy Technician and healthcare programs: Associate of Science in Physical Therapist Assistant, Ultrasound Technology, MRI, Radiologic Technology, and Bachelor of Science in Diagnostic Medical Imaging.
We are currently seeking RN/LVN Didactic and Clinical Instructors for the Vocational Nurse program at our Fresno Campus.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Teach assigned classes and develop coursework needed for teaching our VN program.
- Establish & maintain relationships with new and existing clinical sites.
- Meet with didactic and clinical faculty members to discuss program development.
- Support the Campus Director and Nursing Program Coordinator in the organization of the program and implementation of the programs standards.
- Provide guidance to the faculty and staff about the program principles, standards, policies, education and evaluation.
- Participate in developing and updating program's syllabuses, missions, rules, training methods and evaluation materials.
- Maintain continous knowledge medical education and assure about the facilities continuous medical education requirements.
- Collect and analyze data about the programs from the students, faculty and supporting staff.
- Review and revise program criteria to ensure successful development and growth of the program.
- Assist the Campus Director and Nursing Program Coordinator in the planning of the academic program development and growth.
- Support the Campus Director and Nursing Program Coordinator in the recruiting of staff and faculty members.
- Registered Nurse or Licensed Vocational Nurse.
- Bachelors or Associate's degree from an accredited school.
- Have a minimum of 3 years experience as a Registered Nurse or Licensed Vocational Nurse with a Bachelor's degree or 6 years of experience as a Registered Nurse or Licensed Vocational Nurse with an Associate's degree.