- Job Type: Assistant
- Job Status: Open
- Date Posted: Oct 18, 2018
- Campus: Modesto
- Location: Modesto
- Start Date: TBD
- Duration: TBD
Gurnick Academy of Medical Arts is a leading Bay Area private healthcare college offering an extensive variety of nursing and allied healthcare programs such as: Vocational Nurse, Psychiatric Technician and Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN pathway) as well as Nursing Assistant, Medical Assistant, Dental Assistant and Phlebotomy Technician and healthcare programs: Associate of Science in Physical Therapist Assistant, Ultrasound Technology, MRI, Radiologic Technology, and Bachelor of Science in Diagnostic Medical Imaging.
We are currently seeking an Admissions Assistant for our Concord Campus.
The Admissions Assistant supports the Admissions Manager administratively and actively in the admissions process during peak periods of enrollment. The assistant will aid in reviewing and confirming applicant requirements and background information provided. In addition to supporting the admissions activities, the admissions assistant will also be expected to complete other filing and administrative tasks as assigned for the campus and RT department. The Admissions Assistant will ultimately require the knowledge of each program at their campus to best support the campus answer potential student questions.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Set appointments and tours with prospective students and lead tours when requested by manager
- Prepare packets (for VN, PT, RT & PHL Program) – Photocopy program info, requirements, fees, disclosures, immunizations for each program – 20 for each programs
- Verify credit granting by obtaining appropriate documentation and submitting documents to Program Director/Coordinator for approval
- Ensure Campus Director signs enrolment agreements as directed by the Admissions Manager
- Create student folders and put all necessary documents in folder, make file labels, and input onto the "Enrolled List"
- Call all enrolled students to verify if they will still be attending pre-requisites and core program (inform Admissions Manager if anyone is dropping to replace the candidate if possible)
- Prepare all handouts for the Prerequisite Orientation and Core Program Orientation
- Collect pre-requisite fees and any outstanding documents on the 1st day of prerequisite class if necessary
- Speak to students regarding outstanding payments before the core program starts
- Verify all documents are in the student files prior to core start
- Help prepare for Program Orientation by ordering textbooks as directed
- Conduct interviews with candidates as directed by the Admissions Manager during peak enrollment periods
- Maintain drop log as student paperwork is completed and sent to Accounting
- Support re-enrollments by checking for prior balances (with Accounting), getting Campus Director to sign new enrollment agreements, and creating new student folder
- RT Department Administrative Support
- Assist AA with all interview documentation for RT student interviews
- Support RT Director on as needed basis with assigned Administrative duties.
- Support the RT Director in following up correspondence with all required accrediting agencies as directed General
- Participate in community functions and career days as requested
- Participate in campus graduation ceremonies (see graduation procedure)
- Participate in scheduled evaluation and goal setting meetings with direct manager
- Assigned duties as required by their direct manager
Ensure that GAMA student records/files comply with accreditation and governmental agenies rules and policies (including, but not limited to - ABHES, BVNPT, JRCERT, DOE, etc.
- Associate degree preferred
- Organizational knowledge of educational institutions
- Admissions experience or support preferred
- Marketing experience is preferred