Clinical Coordinator-Vocational Nursing
- Job Type: Management
- Job Status: Open
- Date Posted: Oct 25, 2017
- Campus: Modesto
- Location: Modesto
- Start Date: TBD
- Duration: TBD
Gurnick Academy of Medical Arts is a leading Bay Area private healthcare college offering an extensive variety of nursing and allied healthcare programs such as: Vocational Nurse, Psychiatric Technician and Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN pathway) as well as Nursing Assistant, Medical Assistant, Dental Assistant, Phlebotomy Technician and healthcare programs: Associate of Science in Physical Therapist Assistant, Ultrasound Technology, MRI, Radiologic Technology, and Bachelor of Science in Diagnostic Medical Imaging.
We are currently seeking a Full-time Clinical Coordinator for our Vocational Nursing program at our San Mateo Campus.
The primary function of the Clinical Coordinator is to manage day to day clinical rotations of the students at the affiliated clinical sites. This is done through management and oversight of students currently or preparing for the clinical rotations, constant communication with clinical sites, clinical instructors, program director and outreach department. Clinical Coordinator may also be involved in teaching of didactic and clinical component of the program. Clinical site acquisition assistance/participation and maintenance is also a key responsibility for this role. Student management also includes involvement to ensure satisfactory academic progress is being maintained and that student marks, attendance, remediation documentation, and other reprimands are all kept up to date.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- To organize and manage clinical rotations of the VN Nursing Program
- To perform regular site visits to the clinical facilities
- To establish and maintain relationships with new clinical affiliations
- To perform evaluations of clinical sites, clinical instructors on regular bases
- Ensure Instructors are updating student grades and attendance on the ‘intranet’ in a timely manner for clinical education
- Ensure acceptable satisfaction levels surrounding curriculum delivery – student feedback and clinical site feedback
- To actively and/or passively mentor faculty member(s) to promote better classroom management, student success and classroom presentation methodologies within their program
- To actively mentor faculty member(s) to develop skills, experience and ultimately provide upward mobility in the Gurnick system (career paths)
- To teach assigned classes and develop coursework needed for teaching
- To participate in faculty meetings, both formally and informally with didactic and clinical faculty members.
- To support the campus director and nursing program director in the organization of the programs and implementation of the programs standards.
- To provide guidance to the faculty and staff about the program principles, standards, policies, education and evaluation.
- To participate in developing and updating program's syllabi, missions, rules, training methods and evaluation materials
- To assist program director in reviewing course materials and teaching aides and to create new teaching tools
- To maintain continuous medical education and assure various facilities' continuous medical education requirements.
- To collect and analyze feedback data about the programs from the students, faculty and supporting staff.
- To improve and modify program to maintain successful development, existence and growth of the program.
- To assist the campus director and nursing program director in the planning of the academic development and growth.
- To assist the campus director and program director in orientation of new staff and faculty members.
- To instruct students and substitute instructors as needed.
- Registered Nurse
- Hold a baccalaureate or associate degree from an accredited school; and
- Have a minimum of 3 years experience as a registered nurse or LVN with BS/ or 6 years of experience as a registered nurse or licensed LVN with AS.
- Completion of Teaching Credential & Curriculum development courses