Dental Assistant Instructor, Part-Time
- Job Type: Teaching
- Job Status: Open
- Date Posted: Feb 4, 2019
- Campus: Modesto
- Location: Modesto
- Start Date: TBD
- Duration: TBD
Gurnick Academy of Medical Arts is a leading Bay Area private healthcare college offering an extensive variety of nursing and allied healthcare programs such as: Vocational Nurse, Psychiatric Technician and Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN pathway) as well as Nursing Assistant, Medical Assistant, Dental Assistant and Phlebotomy Technician and healthcare programs: Associate of Science in Physical Therapist Assistant, Ultrasound Technology, MRI, Radiologic Technology, and Bachelor of Science in Diagnostic Medical Imaging.
We are currently seeking a Part-time Dental Assistant Instructor for our Modesto Campus.
The primary function of the Dental Assistant Instructor is to support the day-to- day delivery of the program at the San Mateo Campus, meeting all school policy guidelines and procedures. This includes supporting student academic management to ensure acceptable pass rates and licensure exam outcomes meet school policy standards. Student management also includes involvement to ensure satisfactory academic progress is being maintained (as well as the assignment of appropriate tutoring support) and that student marks, attendance, remediation documentation, and other reprimands are all kept up to date.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Required to demonstrate and model the expertise expected of a Dental Assistant Professional
- Work with students in the classroom, evaluating, teaching and leading them through the curriculum
- Will be able to provide demonstrations and evaluate the students while instructing clinical exams for their certifications
- Adherence to applicable accreditation commission standards or agencies regulations, the school policies and procedures, and the department’s curricula.
- Monitor school progress, conduct student orientations and advise students throughout the program
- Assist with the on-going review and development of curricula in the department and make suggestions per policy
- Attend orientations, staff meetings, and faculty meetings as scheduled
- Will be able to demonstrate and instruct with Dentrix and Dexis software
- Proficient in administrative skills
- 5 Years RDA experience
- Radiation Safety, Coronal Polishing, Pit and Fissure Sealant and Infection Control
- Current CPR card issued by the AHA
- 30 Hours of Methodology or Teaching Credential; Preferred
- Preferably CDA certified