Ultrasound Program Instructor
- Job Type: Teaching
- Job Status: Open
- Date Posted: Oct 25, 2017
- Campus: Sacramento
- Location: Sacramento
- Start Date: TBD
- Duration: TBD
Gurnick Academy of Medical Arts is a leading Bay Area private healthcare college offering an extensive variety of nursing and allied healthcare programs such as: Vocational Nurse, Psychiatric Technician and Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN pathway) as well as Nursing Assistant, Medical Assistant, Dental Assistant and Phlebotomy Technician and healthcare programs: Associate of Science in Physical Therapist Assistant, Ultrasound Technology, MRI, Radiologic Technology, and Bachelor of Science in Diagnostic Medical Imaging.
We are currently seeking a Full-time & Part-time Ultrasound Technology Instructors for our Ultrasound Technology Program in Sacramento, CA Campus.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Teach classes according to assigned schedule.
- Assist as needed in the development of coursework and materials for instruction
- Instruct students (and substitute for instructors as needed) according to the following guidelines
- Follow the Syllabus and Daily Lesson Plans
- Follow Carnegie Hour Policy Break Schedule
- Instruct students in the UT lab and substitute instructors
- Teach students scanning techniques and approaches
- Monitor students scanning progress
- Evaluate student progress and assist with student growth and success with scanning
- Punctuality- Start and End Class On-time
- Submit Attendance Record within 24 hours of the assigned class
- Follow-up on Laboratory Makeup Assignments Utilizing the Laboratory Make-up Form
- Maintain Order in Your Classroom
- Ensure Students are Following School Policies
- Cancellation of Class - If You are Ill or Have an Emergency, You Must Notify Program Director(s) and/or Program Manager as Soon as Possible by Email and Phone to ensure the class is covered
- Participate in meetings with didactic/clinical faculty members and in-service training sessions
- Support the Campus Director and Ultrasound Program Directors in the implementation of the program standards
- Perform bi-annual evaluations of the program, clinical facilities, and/or faculty members
- Maintain current Continuing Medical Education (CME) according to the ARDMS requirements
- ARDMS, RVT certification
- Must possess a minimum of a Bachelor's degree.
- Have a minimum of 5 years experience as a staff sonographer at an imaging facility/hospital/clinic