Career Services Coordinator
- Job Type: Career Services
- Job Status: Open
- Date Posted: Nov 20, 2018
- Campus: San Mateo
- Location: San Mateo
- Start Date: TBD
- Duration: TBD
Gurnick Academy of Medical Arts is a leading Bay Area private healthcare college offering an extensive variety of nursing and allied healthcare programs such as: Vocational Nurse, Psychiatric Technician and Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN pathway) as well as Nursing Assistant, Medical Assistant, Dental Assistant and Phlebotomy Technician and healthcare programs: Associate of Science in Physical Therapist Assistant, Ultrasound Technology, MRI, Radiologic Technology, and Bachelor of Science in Diagnostic Medical Imaging.
We are currently seeking a Career Services Coordinator for our campus in San Mateo, CA.
The Career Services Coordinator has two primary functions:
1. To prepare students for the job market; ie. Present and facilitate Career Services Workshops including one on one career mentoring using the Gurnick Edge online Platform for Students. Graduates and Alumni
2. To aid in the process to place students through building relationships with potential employers and continually looking for applicable job opportunities on job advertising websites and company websites.
- The Career Services Coordinator reports to the Campus Director and the Director of Career Services.
- This role will need to have effective facilitation skills in the classroom as well as the ability to mentor students one on one with respect to job search strategies and tactical advice during an interview stage. Knowledge of student capabilities through past work experiences or through performance during the academic program at Gurnick is essential.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborate with Gurnick’s students and graduate
- Provide job search assistance for graduates and graduating students
- Organize and conduct Mock Interviews, Resume Preparation and workshops to prepare students to interface and communicate professionally
- Assist graduates in developing professional resumes for interviews
- Organize and conduct Job Search workshops addressing issues of professional behavior, body language and how to dress appropriately for interviews
- Provide job leads and referrals to the graduates
- Participate and organize Alumni events for the campus with the goal of getting potential placement referrals and understanding the employment market for the region
- Collaborate with faculty, staff and advisors to evaluate placement experience and statistics
- Maintain placement statistics and data for all programs at Gurnick for tracking and reporting to BPPE & ABHES
- Update CRM to reflect all key conversations/contacts with the students/graduates of Gurnick
- Research and recommend to students appropriate agencies that would meet the identified educational requirements
- Review and compile written evaluations of placements, keep in touch with graduates after the placement
- Collaborate with student employers, current and potential, as well as current and potential affiliations for possible placement of Gurnick’s interns after their graduation
- Organize regular Job Fairs with prospective employers to facilitate employment
- Provide strong communication and follow-up skills with potential employers
- Participate and play an active role in the Graduates Evaluations
- Collaborate with placement agencies to procure and maintain placement sites
- Establish and maintain relationships with representatives of the agencies in which students are placed
- Invite the representatives from placement agencies for workshops and seminars
- Maintain a variety of placement sites for current and graduate students
- Find opportunities for current students to volunteer at variety of potential employment sites, as well as be able to enrich individual portfolios
- Organize regular Job Fairs encouraging participation of local and prospective employers to acknowledge the talented pool of Gurnick Academy candidates
Experience & Education
- Bachelors Degree or at least two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Intermediate level knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Organizational knowledge of educational institutions
- Outside Sales experience
- Preferred management work experience in a school environment and recruiting environment
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner
- Strong time management and prioritization capabilities
- Interpersonal Skills
- Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations.
- Writes clearly and informatively
- Presents numerical data effectively
- Supports corporate level initiatives and direction with the entire organization
- Improves processes, products and services
- Understands business implications of decisions
- Develops strategies to achieve personal organizational goals
- Manages a priority list effectively and communicates priorities and accomplishment of those activities effectively with program managers and students.