Program Director-Physical Therapist Assistant
- Job Type: Director
- Job Status: Open
- Date Posted: Feb 7, 2019
- Campus: San Mateo
- Location: San Mateo
- Start Date: TBD
- Duration: TBD
Gurnick Academy of Medical Arts is a leading Bay Area private healthcare college offering an extensive variety of nursing and allied healthcare programs such as: Vocational Nurse, Psychiatric Technician and Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN pathway) as well as Nursing Assistant, Medical Assistant, Dental Assistant and Phlebotomy Technician and healthcare programs: Associate of Science in Physical Therapist Assistant, Ultrasound Technology, MRI, Radiologic Technology, and Bachelor of Science in Diagnostic Medical Imaging.
We are currently seeking a Physical Therapist Assistant Program Director for our campus in San Mateo, CA.
The primary function of the Physical Therapist Assistant Program Director is to ensure the day-to- day delivery of their program meets all school policy guidelines and procedures and CAPTE accreditation standards. This is not limited to but includes the management and oversight of all instructors in the form of evaluations (both student and managerial), educational in service plans, goal setting, and reprimands. This also includes student academic management to ensure that acceptable pass rates and licensure exam outcomes meet school policy standards. The Program Directors ensures satisfactory academic progress is being maintained (as well as the assignment of appropriate tutoring support) and that student marks, attendance, remediation documentation, and other reprimands are all kept up to date.
- Minimum of a Master’s Degree
- A minimum of 5 years of direct clinical physical therapy experience
- The minimum of five years, full-time, post licensure experience that includes a minimum of 3 years of full-time clinical experience; didactic and/or clinical teaching experience, experience in administration/management and experience in educational theory and methodology, instructional design, student evaluation and outcome assessment.
- Holds current license as a PT or PTA in California.
- Is proficient in curriculum design, program administration, evaluation, instruction, and academic advising
- Working knowledge or experience interfacing with clinical and hospital personnel (Director or Department Head levels)