PTA Program Instructor
- Job Type: Teaching
- Job Status: Open
- Date Posted: May 22, 2019
- Campus: San Mateo Campus
- Location: San Mateo
- Start Date: TBD
- Duration: TBD
Gurnick Academy of Medical Arts is a leading Bay Area private healthcare college offering an extensive variety of nursing and allied healthcare programs such as: Vocational Nurse, Psychiatric Technician and Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN pathway) as well as Nursing Assistant, Medical Assistant, Dental Assistant and Phlebotomy Technician and healthcare programs: Associate of Science in Physical Therapist Assistant, Ultrasound Technology, MRI, Radiologic Technology, and Bachelor of Science in Diagnostic Medical Imaging.
The PTA program is located on the San Mateo campus and is currently hiring part-time or adjunct faculty to teach technical courses within the curriculum. Candidate will be considered for part-time throughout the year or adjunct contract per course taught depending on expertise.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Teach assigned classes and develop coursework needed for teaching our PTA program. Mentoring proved as needed.
- Adhere to applicable accreditation commission standards or agencies regulations, the school policies and procedures, and the department’s curricula
- Duties may be as primary instructor or as lab instructor dependent on area of expertise and program needs.
- Monitor school progress, conduct student orientation and advise students throughout the program.
- Assist with on-going review and development of curricula in the program.
- Participate in developing and updating program's syllabuses, missions, rules, training methods and evaluation materials.
- Participate in school activities such as orientation, staff meetings, faculty meetings, advisory board meetings, student functions, in-services as scheduled.
- Participate in admission protocol including Open Houses, test proctoring, and admissions committee interviews as available.
- Assist in collecting data about the programs from the students, faculty and supporting staff.
- Review and revise program criteria to ensure successful development and growth of the program.
Associate degree as a Physical Therapist Assistant or professional degree as a Physical Therapist. Advanced certification or degree in area of teaching assignment desirable.
Professional license as a PT or PTA in California, or eligible.
Minimum 3 years of full time (or equivalent) post-licensure clinical experience in physical therapy.
Contemporary expertise in assigned teaching area(s).
Previous teaching and student evaluation experience highly preferred and/or CI credential.
Strong communication, organization, interpersonal, problem solving, and advising skills.
Flexibility in scheduling desirable.