Student Services Coordinator
- Job Type: Administrative/Clerical
- Job Status: Open
- Date Posted: Sep 28, 2018
- Campus: San Mateo
- Location: San Mateo
- Start Date: TBD
- Duration: TBD
Gurnick Academy of Medical Arts is a leading Bay Area private healthcare college offering an extensive variety of nursing and allied healthcare programs such as: Vocational Nurse, Psychiatric Technician and Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN pathway) as well as Nursing Assistant, Medical Assistant and Phlebotomy Technician and healthcare programs: Associate of Science in Physical Therapist Assistant, Ultrasound Technology, MRI, Radiologic Technology, and Bachelor of Science in Diagnostic Medical Imaging.
We are currently seeking a Student Services Coordinator for our San Mateo Campus.
The Student Services Coordinator [SSC] is the primary interface for student questions, concerns, and to support the Program Coordinators in ensuring grading and attendance data are properly entered into the school information system (the intranet). The SSC may also be delegated to as the primary custodian of "active student files” if a full time Campus Registrar is not employed at the campus. This requires that the SSC is ensuring electronic records are up to date on a weekly basis and that student physical files are checked on a monthly basis for changes (drops, LOA's, remediations and completion of remediations, make up hours, other disciplinary paperwork, etc.). Other core duties include recording meeting minutes from the Student Government meetings, graduation planning and execution, and providing basic program support for students.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan and prepare all campus graduation ceremonies.
- Plan, coordinate, and attend all campus student retention activities (ie. cook outs, theme days, awards and recognitions.
- Ensure all campus immunization and background check services are properly organized and that all student immunization records are up to date and are documented in the intranet and in the student's physical academic files.
- Attend monthly Student Government meeting to collect student population discussion points for Campus Director review/action.
- Facilitate IT issues on behalf of the students in the library and with instructors in the classroom or faculty lounge (directly handle or work through issues with Corporate IT Manager).
- Coordinate and oversee the selection of student government officers and their responsibilities.
- Conduct and compile student surveys associated with end of module and end of program dates.
- Ensure basic student supplies are available and in school inventory — scrubs, class supplies, library supplies, books, etc.
- Prepare and record minutes from Campus Staff meetings as directed by the Campus Director.
- Participate in scheduled evaluation and goal setting meetings with direct manager
- Review HESI and Exit Exam results (approximately 6-8 times per year) to forecast graduating students and expected pass rates.
- Daily and weekly review of instructor compliance for student attendance tracking and student grading entry on the intranet.
- Communicate attendance and grading variance/compliance issues to the Program Coordinator and Campus Director.
- Follow up with students not in attendance in scheduled class or clinical setting (immediately by phone if possible).
- Ensure that all student paperwork and interactions fall within the guidelines of Gurnick Academy as well as all governing bodies such as — ABHES, BVNPT, ARMRIT, JRCERT, JRC-DMS, DOE, etc.
- Student concerns are properly documented / archived and reported to their manager in a timely and accurate manner.
- Associate or Bachelor's degree from an accredited school – or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 3 years Administrative and organizational support preferred
- Be responsible, enthusiastic, reliable, organized and personable
- Able to work independently as well as part of the campus administrative team
- Dedication to supporting and assisting students in an academic environment