Frequently Asked Questions
To be considered for admission into the Associate of Science in Vocational Nursing Program, ALL applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Meet with program’s Admission Advisor to review all required disclosures and receive full information prior to enrolling with Gurnick Academy of Medical Arts.
- Meet with Financial Aid Advisor to review all required disclosures and receive full information prior to enrolling to Gurnick Academy of Medical Arts.
- Pay all applicable fees, as per the current published fee schedule prior to the issuance of an enrollment agreement or make other payment arrangements acceptable to the academy.
- Possess a High School Diploma from an approved/accredited high school or a GED; and be at least 18 years of age (official ID is required) to be able to enroll into a core program.
- Please ask Admission Advisor for more details and for the list of approved High Schools. Please refer to the Foreign Transcript/Diploma Evaluation Policy for more informaiton regarding additional requirements
- Complete the entrance exam with minimum score required as outlined in the table Admission Requirements Summary; this is applicable to all programs except for the BSN Program’s RN to BSN Pathway.
- All applicable Programs utilize the Scholastic Level Exam (SLE), with the exception of the the PTA Program For more details please review the section Scholastic Level Exam (SLE) below and Assessment Testing section in Additional Admission Requirements for PTA.
- Comply with all Gurnick Academy requirements for Immunizations, Health Screening, Background Check and CPR/First Aid policy.
- Comply with program’s performance requirements.
- Make sure to read each Program’s performance requirements in Program Performance Requirements section.
- Comply with the Additional Admission Requirements per Program.
- Please review this section for the applicable program.
- Meet the minimum student skills, hardware and software requirements if the student enrolls in any of distance education (online) courses. Please refer to the Minimum Requirements for Students Enrolling in Distance Education Courses section
Additional Program Requirements:
- All pre-requisite courses must meet the baseline criteria of general education criteria for the California State University system (CSUs).
- Please note: A transcript MUST be provided for the above pre-requisites if credit granting and will only be accepted from an accredited institution that is approved by the US Department of Education.
- Copies are not accepted. All coursework must be successfully completed and given a grade of at least a “C.”
- Applicant must have a cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.5 (on a 4 point scale) or higher in Vocational or Practical Nursing coursework. Official transcripts are required.
- Provide certificate of completion from a Board-approved Vocational Nursing Program from an accredited institution.