MRI Technology Program
Available in the Following Campuses
Prerequisite Start Date: October 8, 2014
Core Program Start Date: February 23, 2015
Prerequisite courses are offered in online and residential formats and cover general medical science courses such as: Essential Medical Bioscience (80 hours) and Anatomy & Physiology with lab (76 hours). Gurnick Academy of Medical Arts offers Prerequisite Courses that are not accredited by ABHES.
We, at Gurnick Academy of Medical Arts, consider clinical experience one of the most important parts of the medical education. Students are required to be rotated throughout our affiliated medical facilities, while attending the academy.
All applicants must:
- Meet with program’s Admission Advisor to go over all required disclosures and receive full information prior to enrolling to Gurnick Academy of Medical Arts.
- Meet with Financial Aid Advisor to go over all required disclosures and receive full information prior to enrolling to Gurnick Academy of Medical Arts.
- Pay all applicable fees, as per the current published fee schedule prior to the issuance of an enrollment agreement or make other payment arrangements acceptable to the academy.
- Have a High School Diploma from an approved/accredited High School, or a GED and be at least 18 years of age to be able to enroll to core program (Please ask Admission Advisor for more details and for the list of approved High Schools).
- Bring - for applicants with a foreign diploma - proof of successful completion of an ESL class equal to ESL 26/ English 1A in the Foothill - De Anza community college system or to successfully pass TOEFL test with the following minimum scores: 560 for the PBT (paper-based test) and 87 for the iBT (internet-based test).
- Complete the Entrance Exam (currently: Scholastic Level Exam (SLE)) with a minimum score of 30.
- Pass all of the following prerequisite courses*
Essential Medical Bio-Science
Anatomy and Physiology
* Applicants may request credit granting for some /all prerequisite courses after submitting an original transcript that proves equivalent coursework was successfully completed within the last 5 years and given a grade of at least a “C”. All credit granting is subject to the approval from the Program Director or Program Coordinator. Please allow 7 days for review.
- Comply with all Gurnick Academy requirements for Immunizations, Health Screening, Background Check, and CPR policy.
- Comply with program’s performance requirements. Make sure to read MRI Technology Program’s performance requirements in Program Performance Requirements section.
- Pass an interview with the MRI Program Director of Gurnick Academy of Medical Arts.
Program Length and Schedule
13 months (52 weeks/1,640 hours)
12 months in affiliated medical facilities
5 days varying Monday through Saturday for 8 hours
Prerequisite Course Cost:
(additional, if applicable)
Total cost: $3,354.50
Core Program Cost:
Total Program Cost: $33,245.50
*This fee covers both prerequisite courses and core program.
Financial aid is available for those who qualify. Click here for more information about Financial Assistance.
Certification for MRI Technologists in California
Download Catalog with Addendum to find more information about Licensure, Certification and Registry Disclaimer.
Job Outlook and Salary for MRI Technologists in California
For the median wages for MRI Technologists in the San Francisco Bay Area and Central Valley Area, visit Detailed Guide for Magnetic Resonance Imaging Technologists.
Frequently Asked Questions
Facts and Fun Statistics
This is a new section for many of you who expressed interest in such facts as the ones below about our Academy and our Programs. MRI Technology Program is offered at San Mateo Campus and Modesto Campus in California. Let us share with you some facts:
- Most of MRI Technology students are from Burlingame, Fremont, San Jose, San Francisco, San Mateo and Hayward as well as nearby smaller/larger Bay Area cities. For Modesto Campus students might come from all Centrall Valley: Merced, Madera, Fresno, Stockton, Turlock, Livermore, Antioch, Tracy.
- According to our statistical data more than 27% MRI prgoram students are from: Belmont, Daly City, Palo Alto, Redwood City, San Leandro and Sunnyvale.
- Students from Foster City, Livermore, Menlo Park, Newark, Milpitas, Oakley, Pacifica, Pleasanton, San Bruno, San Carlos, Santa Clara, San Lorenzo, Union City and other nearby locations combine 41% of our student population.
Gainful Employment Disclosure Information
Gurnick Academy is committed to providing thorough and timely vocational medical training to our students so they may obtain gainful employment.
Our institution has provided program specific information regarding gainful employment in compliance with the new Gainful Employment regulations for Title IV eligible institutions, put forward by the U.S. Department of Education, in July 2011.
All required information can be found throughout this page.