AS in Physical Therapist Assistant Program
Available in the Following Campuses
Application Deadline: September 1, 2015
Program Start Date: January 4, 2016
The PTA Program is full time during the day. Clinical Affiliations are full time during the day at various facilities in the San Francisco Bay Area.
Physical Therapist Assistant Program at Gurnick Academy of Medical Arts is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education (CAPTE), 1111 North Fairfax Street, Alexandria, Virginia 22314; phone: 703-706-3245; email: firstname.lastname@example.org; website: http://www.capteonline.org. More about Gurnick Academy Accreditation.
We, at Gurnick Academy of Medical Arts, consider clinical experience one of the most important parts of the medical education. Students are required to be rotated throughout our affiliated medical facilities, while attending our physical therapy assistant school.
PTA Program Length and Schedule
80 weeks including prerequisites taken prior to enrolling in the
5 days varying Monday through Friday for up to 8 hours
The didactic training correlates with the lab and clinical education.
The table below reflects upcoming future starts only.
Total cost: $28,299.00
*Cost is dependant on the start date and duration of the program
Financial aid is available for those who qualify. Click here for more information about Financial Assistance.
For details please call:
- (650) 685-6616 San Mateo
Licensure and Certification for Physical Therapist Assistants in California
Find more information about licensure in our Catalog with Addendum.
Job Outlook and Salary for Physical Therapist Assistant
- ONET profile for PTAs.
- Occupational Profile for Physical Therapist Assistant State of California Employment Development Department.
- Detailed Guide for Physical Therapist Assistant in San Francisco Bay Area.
Frequently Asked Questions
Please click on the link for PTA program FAQ.
Facts and Fun Statistics
This is a new section for many of you who expressed interest in such facts as the ones below about our Academy and our Programs. PTA program is offered at San Mateo Campus only. Let us share with you some facts:
- More than 48% of our Main Campus, San Mateo campus: students come from Bay Area cities: Daly City, San Francisco, San Mateo, Hayward and South San Francisco. 29% from other Bay Area cities - Fremont, Newark, Redwood City, San Bruno, San Carlos, San Jose, San Leandro and Sunnyvale.
- Many students come from Concord, Oakland, Vallejo, Alameda, Berkeley, Dublin, Livermore, Pleasant Hill, Richmond, San Ramon, Vacaville and Walnut Creek.
- Some students come from Northern California and Central Valley cities: Fresno, Modesto, Merced, Stockton, Tracy, Turlock, Visalia, Santa Rosa and many others.
Gainful Employment Disclosure Information
Gurnick Academy is committed to providing thorough and timely vocational medical training to our students so they may obtain gainful employment.
Our institution has provided program specific information regarding gainful employment in compliance with the new Gainful Employment regulations for Title IV eligible institutions, put forward by the U.S. Department of Education, in July 2011.
All required information can be found throughout this page.